How to get the updated theme
You can get the updated theme on EnvyTheme.
There are 2 methods to update WordPress themes to the newer version. These new updates are essential if you want to have a bug free website as we give new features and improvements to the theme over time. Some of these updates might be needed in order to make the theme compatible with WordPress newer versions. There is no risk of losing your settings and pages. However if you had done modifications in parent theme files, then they will be lost.
Please note that before updating a theme, we recommend you to make a backup of your modified files. Also, we recommend to deactivate its current version and then upload the zip file with the new theme version then activate and update the theme.
Update Using FTP
- Login into your EnvyTheme account and go to downloads (Dashboard > downloads)
- Download the theme into your computer
- Install an FTP program (Filezilla is free)
- Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
- Unzip the item main file
- Locate the induxpro.zip file and unzip it. Make sure your unzipping software does not create an extra directory with the same name nested into each other.
- Drag and drop theme main folder into your FTP program with the destination: “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/”
- FTP program will give a warning that there is an existing with the same directory name, choose to replace all.
- It will take varying from 15 to 30 minutes to replace all files. once you did login in your WordPress dashboard and go to master key settings. on the header (besides master key logo) the theme version will be changed to the latest version. this is the indication that your theme is updated. We recommend method one which only takes less than one minute.
Note: You can also upload the new version of the theme to “YOUR_HOSTING_ROOT/YOUR_SUBDIRECTORY/wp-content/themes/” directory with cPanel File Manager. Make sure every time that, you have replaced the old theme with the new version of the theme.
Update Through WordPress Admin Panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes Activate another theme to deactivate the Induxpro theme
- Delete the installed Induxpro theme.
- Unzip the file you just downloaded from EnvyTheme and locate the WordPress Theme induxpro.zip
- Still within the Themes section, on the header tab, click on “Install Themes”, then on the header second tab click “Upload”.
- Click “Browse…” and locate the new theme file induxpro.zip
- In the “Upgrade existing theme?” option choose “Yes” from the dropdown list.
- Click “Install Now”.
- Click “Activate”.