To create a Moodle course category, please follow these steps:
- Log in to your Moodle account with your administrator credentials.
- Navigate to the site administration page by clicking the site administration button on the homepage.
- From the site administration page, click on the “Courses” tab.
- Under the “Courses” tab, click on the “Manage Courses and Categories” option.
- From here, click on the “Categories” tab.
- Click the “Create Category” button.
- Enter the name of the category and a description (optional).
- Set the Parent Category if applicable.
- Choose the visibility of the category, whether it is visible or hidden.
- Set any other desired settings for the category, such as the theme or enrolment methods.
Click the “Save Changes” button to create the category.
You have now created a new course category in Moodle. You can add courses to this category by assigning the category to a new course or moving an existing course into the category.